The Renault Zoe is automatic transmission, and is fully electric. With newer models having a range capacity of 100+ miles (please note older models have a mileage range of around 70 miles), this is the most efficient way to travel when using Co-wheels.
All Co-wheels electric vehicles are equipped with a charging cable and charging card. Our bays have a charging point which the vehicle will be connected to upon pick-up, so you will need to use the charging card from within the vehicle to disconnect the cable from the charge point. Always remember to take the charging cable with you as this must stay with the vehicle.
If you are using an electric vehicle for a longer journey, always remember to plan your journey effectively so that you are able to stop off and charge the vehicle during your hire. Co-wheels provide a Charge Your Car card within the vehicle which you can use to charge for free during your reservation. Please note that other charge post providers may charge a small fee to charge the vehicle, which you may be required to download an app for. You can find all active charging points here.
Priced at £5.50 per hour or £38.50 for any 24-hour period along with no mileage fees, our fully electric vehicles are the most cost effective way of travelling with Co-wheels.
- The ZOE has been designed to feel like a small automatic car so it has a large gear lever beside the driver. It has the usual positions from front to back: Park (P), Reverse (R), Neutral (N) and Drive (D); these modes and the current selection are shown on the dashboard when power is on.
- To start the car:
- The gear lever must be in Park (all the way forward).
- You must be logged into your reservation (this is done when you unlock the vehicle with your card)
- Press and hold the brake pedal.
- Press the Start/Stop button to the left of the steering wheel.
- The car will start with an audible chime and ‘READY’ will show on the dashboard – the car is ready to move.
- To move away engage the Drive gear position (with foot still on brake) and release the handbrake (beside the driver’s seat).
- Note that the ZOE has been programmed with ‘creep’, i.e. it will move forward like an automatic even when the accelerator is not pressed.
- Once in Drive mode, since there is no gearbox, you can accelerate up to maximum speed (about 84mph) without changing gear.
- You can come to a complete stop in Drive If you are stopping for any length of time you should then engage the handbrake and Park mode.
- To turn off completely use the Start/Stop
*Please note that any breakdown costs associated to recovery when running out of charge are charged back to the hirer*